Essence of France
12 Nights / 13 Days
- Chamonix – 2 Nights: Full day excursion by Montenvers train to Montenvers site at 1913 m., Mer de Glace glacier – visit to the Ice Grotto and trip to the Aiguille du Midi by the Aiguille du Midi cable car.
- Lake Annecy – 1 Night: France’s most beautiful and second largest lake, Le Palais De l’Ile (the medieval prison – 12th century) converted into a museum and exposition hall, Le Château & La Cathedral St Pierre (12th & 16th century) – a mix of Renaissance gothic style, Lovers Bridge and cruise on the Lake Annecy.
- Lyon – 3 Nights: Enjoy the Lyon city boats – daily cruises on the Saône and Rhône, the funicular ride to the top of the Fourvière hill, the old Fourvière Roman theatres, the old Renaissance area of Vieux Lyon, Saint Jean Cathedral, the Palais de Justice, city’s leading buildings in the Presqu’île area including Ainay Abbey, Hôtel Dieu, Célestins Theatre, Printing Museum, Beaux Arts Gallery, St Nizier Church, Hôtel de Ville and the Opera House. Guided tour of the Wine Museum.
- Nice – 3 Nights: Full day excursion of French Riviera – the village of Eze, the artisan shops, visit to the Fragonard Perfumery, Monaco – the changing of the Palace Guard at the Prince’s Palace, the Neo-Romanesque cathedral, the Palace and a drive along the Formula One race circuit, stroll around Monte-Carlo with its Casino, superb hotels and beautiful gardens and the Princess Grace Memorial.
- Nice – Paris: TGV Train
- Paris – 3 Nights: Paris Tour Cityrama – the Place des Pyramides to the Opéra, Place Vendôme, Concorde Square, Champs-Elysées Avenue, Arc de Triomphe, Eiffel Tower, Invalides, Orsay Museum, The Louvre, Notre-Dame Cathedral, Sorbonne, Pantheon Church and the Hotel Saint-Germain-des-Prés.
- 12 Nights accommodation with breakfast
- Sightseeing as stated in the program by private car with English speaking local guide
- One way station transfer in Chamonix
- One way airport transfer in Paris.